What is one of the most important nutritional supplements? Fish oil! Fish oil is not only rich in omega-3 fatty acids but also has various other advantages, such as the prevention and treatment of multiple diseases (mental and physical). So here are some fish oil benefits for men.
In this Blog, You are Going to Know,
Why is it so useful?
It’s because of our genes. Our ancestors consumed around 300-400 grams of omega-3 per week. Nowadays it is a lot if you take more than 2 grams a day.
There was a study four years ago in the USA, which showed that consuming 3 grams of fish oil a day could reduce the number of cancer and heart diseases by 50%.
Maybe you don’t care, but fish oil also has a significant impact on muscle building and body fat reduction.
Let’s take a look at the body composition of the cavemen. They had a lot more muscles than today’s humans, even the women of that time were many times stronger than today’s modern man. Often they fed on the remains left by the predators, which was not so much except the skull and the bones.
What can you do with skulls and bone fragments?
The cavemen broke the skulls, ate the brains, and sucked the marrow from the bones. Brains consist of 60% fat or 60% DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) and omega-3 fatty acids. The bone marrow is also rich in DHA.
DHA is the omega-3, which is jointly responsible for brain development, and EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid), which is also contained in fish oil, prevents inflammation.
Everyone who wants to gain muscle and lose fat should consume at least 10-20 grams of fish oil per day, ideally, 30-45 grams and not 2-3 grams per day, as stated on the packaging. It works best with liquid fish oil, which is around three tablespoons.
With the capsules, you would have to take about 45 pieces. Also, make sure that the oil contains CLA (linoleic acid) if possible.
Right products have a DHA/EPA content of around 30%.
Cell membrane health:
EPA and DHA ensure that cell membranes stay healthy. The membranes are very flexible and have several insulin receptors that are more receptive and more receptive to the circulating insulin. This results in reduced fat storage in the adipocytes (fat cells).
13 Fish oil benefits for men
- Fish oil activates the lipolytic genes (fat-burning genes).
- Fish-oil deactivates the lipogenic genes (genes that store fat).
- Fish oil decreases c-reactive proteins, a recently identified risk factor associated with various inflammatory diseases such as angina, arteriosclerosis, coronary artery disease, heart attacks, strokes, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.
- The DHA content in fish oil prevents these risks.
- DHA also has the property of reducing high blood pressure.
- Increased utilization of fat deposits from adipocytes
- Preferential utilization of fat stores for energy production
- Reduced risk of inflammation
- Coping with pain through the reduced risk of inflammation
- EPA regulates the blood supply to the brain, which is essential for staying focused during exercise.
- DHA is important for brain membranes, memory, and cognitive functions.
- Fish oil increases serotonin levels. Thus it prevents the occurrence of depression, anxiety, panic attacks, and reduces carbohydrate cravings.
- It contributes to improving cardiovascular risk factors by minimizing VLDL, triglycerides, homocysteine, fibrinogens, and increasing the HDL level (high-density lipoprotein).
- Combining fish oil with phytosterols improves lipid levels even more than the two alone.
- Fish oil can also lower blood pressure through various mechanisms such as increasing vasodilatory compounds, nitric oxide, reducing vascular inflammation, blocking vasoconstricting elements, reducing blood viscosity (viscous fluidity) and preventing blood vessel clogging.
- Lipoproteins are another sign of cardiovascular disease, which can be reduced with fish oil. A reduction of 19% was observed with natural stable fish oils.
- Fish oil is great against stress. The polyunsaturated fatty acid supplementation inhibits the adrenal activation of steroids, aldosterones, epinephrine, and norepinephrine (catecholamines) caused by mental stress, apparently affecting the central nervous system.
So for the same amount of stress, regular supplementation with fish oils will produce fewer stress hormones.
In short, fish oil is my number 1 supplement, and I recommend it to everyone. Fish oil has no side effects, only has benefits of Fish Oil, and every athlete should experiment with high dosages.